The Nights Are Long But The Years Are Short: The Birth Story of Alula (3)

08.30 A.M.

I got off from the bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. One nurse helped me to get into the bathtub. Soon after that, my husband joined me in the tub. As romantic as it sounds, the reality was quite the contrary. There were a bunch of nurses cheering me to push, a gynae was wearing long latex gloves that keeps checking down there, and a nurse that kept checking the water temperature. Far from romantic!

Apart from those noisy bunch of nurses, I had my husband who was hugging me from behind and one co-doula that keeps whispering du'as on my ear. It brought me back into my calming sense.

I pushed whenever the contraction came. Occasionally the doctor ordered the nurse to check on the fetal monitoring device. I think she wanted to assess whether the baby was in distress. During the contractions I breath as what I had been practicing over nine months earlier.

After several pushes, one nurse told me, "There you go, I can see half of the head. Do you want to touch it?". Then I touched half my baby's head, and it boosted my spirit to push harder. I will to meet my baby real soon!

09.09 A.M.

Alhamdulillah. All praises be to Allah.

Alula was born at 09.09 A.M. with a weight of 3.03 kgs. As it was a fast and furious labor, when I held Lulu in my arms for the first time, I was still in a state of disbelief of what was going on.

Lulu was so alert ever since she was born. As soon as she was in my arms, she made  eye contact with me and then her Papa. Then she began to look at her surrounding. The feeling was so surreal. Alhamdulillah Allah finally blessed us with a pretty baby girl in our 7th year of marriage.

Assalamu'alaikum Alula.. This is Mama, and this is Papa.

I seemed that she was familiar with our voice. When I said salaam to her, she immediately turned her head looking for the source of the voice. It was one of my favourite moments in my life. The three of us hugging each other. So intimate and romantic! <3

After a while, the nurse handed a clap to my husband. Papa cut the umbilical cord and soon after that, we got out from the tub. Lulu was placed on a weight scale while Papa performed Adzan and Iqamah to both of her ears. After the nurse recorded her details, she was placed on the top of Papa's chest for a skin-to-skin session while Mama had some stitches on the hospital bed.

May you grow happy and healthy dear Lulu. You are the best thing that happen into our lives. Mama and Papa love you so much! xoxo.

<< to read previous part